Pithoragarh is the easternmost district of Uttaranchal in north India, surrounded by Nepal to the east and Tibet to the north.It is popular for its exquisite natural beauty and is widely known as the “Little Kashmir”.
Located at an altitude of 1,650mts above sea level, Pithoragarh is a small valley about 5kms long and 2kms wide. Kumaoni, Hindi, and English are the three main languages spoken in this region. Pithoragarh district is named after the Pithoragarh town of the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
The Pithoragarh fort is located on top of a hill on the outskirts of Pithoragarh. It was built by the Gorkhas back in the year 1789.
Pithoragarh Fort is one of the most sought after destination of this town. Located in the proximity to the place, this fort affords spectacular views of the Kali Kumaon.
As per the records, this fort was established in year 1789 by Gorkhas after the invasion of town.
How to Reach:
7 km from nainisaini airport
280 km from kathgodam station
500 mt from district headquarter