Khalsa College, the premier-most institute of higher learning, was established by the leaders of the Singh Sabha Movement in 1892. They were inspired by the lofty ideals of the great Gurus. They planned it to be a growing institution which would strive forever to achieve high degree of excellence of mind and body for the welfare of the youth. The architectural grandeur of its buildings and layout of its campus clearly demonstrate the will of the founders.
Khalsa College Amritsar Punjabis a constituent college of Guru Nanak Dev University. It is one of the most iconic and legendary educational institutions in Amritsar. Established in the year 1892, the college aims to provide academic knowledge to students of all abilities and backgrounds and introduce students to newer avenues of technological and scientific education. It believes in a perfect fusion of tradition with contemporary learning trends.
The Society is known not only for its glorious past, but also because of its missionary outlook towards future. It finds inspiration in the supercilious ideals of the Great Gurus. The society works day and night to nurture positive and enlightened minds along with academic excellence.
Established in the year 1892, Khalsa College is an autonomous college located in Amritsar, Punjab. The college is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU). At present, Khalsa College, Amritsar offers UG, PG and M.Phil programs in various specializations. In addition to it, the college also offers Diploma and PG Diploma programs in different streams.
- Candidates seeking admission to UG, PG, M.Phil courses are shortlisted on the basis of Entrance Test/ Merit Basis/ Direct Admission.
- Admission in the field of Agriculture, Food & Tech, Physics and Chemistry is done through marks scored in Entrance Test.
- Admission to BA in Social sciences is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test.
- For Botany and Zoology courses as well as BMM, MPT and M.Sc (Biotech), selection of candidates is done on merit basis.
- Direct Admission is carried out for B.Com, BBA, MA and BCA along with Computer Science and IT courses.
- Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma admissions are done on the basis on merit in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates are shortlisted for M.Phil program on the basis of Entrance test scores.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the website and submitted through offline mode only.