- Transactional SMS is used to send OTPs, informational messages, booking and order alerts to your registered customers.
- They should not be intended for marketing. Transactional sms are delivered to all recipients, irrespective of their Do-Not-Disturb (DND) status.
- Transactional SMS are delivered 24x7 with no time restriction.
- Transactional SMS can be assigned a 6-alpha character Sender ID of your choice. It should correspond with your business or product name.
- 1. These can be used for sending business messages like OTP, Bank transaction.
- 2. Transactional SMS can be send any time
- 3. SMS can be send on DND numbers.
- 4. In API route=4
The benefits of Transactional SMS marketing include:
- The personal nature of mobile phones make SMS marketing a very powerful tool.
- Most people take their mobile phones everywhere - meaning they can be effective for time sensitive messages.
- People tend to read virtually every text they get - unlike junk mail, spam or adverts which can be ignored.
- Can be used with information from your customer relationship management system to target customers past on their past purchase behaviour.
Potential disadvantages of Transactional SMS marketing
Some of the downsides include:
- Your message has to be short - you do not have much space to get your message across.
- People respond negatively to unwanted texts. Make sure you have their permission to send them texts and that your SMS marketing complies with privacy and data protection rules. See privacy and data protection in direct marketing.
- People are wary of responding to SMS messages due to an increase in fraudulent messages. Under the E-commerce Regulations, you are required to make it clear who the message is from and commercial communications must be clearly recognisable as such. For more information, see selling online and the law.
- Transactional bulk SMS services are ideal for sending alerts/reminders/updates to your existing clients. It is easy to send bulk SMS throughout the globe with user-friendly web interface. Any kind of information sharing sms comes under transactional sms. Government has declared certain categorizes to send Transactional bulk sms.
- If the customer is a Company then we would require details on how their customers are subscribing or getting registered and one sample of subscription form is mandatory.
- For Educational Institution, we would require a letter stating that the SMS will be used for update to parents/teachers & students and no Promotional activity will be done from the particular account.
- For Government Organization, we would require a letter stating to whom the messages will be sent and in case of any complaint what kind of documentation will they be able to provide with one sample mandatory
- Bulk SMS Gateway API can be provided to integrate on your application / portal, You can get more information by clicking here
Minimum 3 Sample SMS.( 70% fixed and 30% Variable)
Refer the Sample Template.
Featuers of Transactional bulk sms:-
- Instant Delivery of your SMS.
- Immediate access to your Delivery Report if the campaign is done by you.
- It can also be sent to DND numbers.
- This is purely used for informational, transactional, greetings etc.
- 160 Characters count is equal to 1 SMS credit including space.
- Transactional SMS can be sent 24/7.
- Life time validity.
Dear User, your website login OTP is 2019 & is valid for 10 minutes. - Best Website of India.